Volunteers are a valuable resource to both us and the wider community. By volunteering, you are not only helping a local community through community involvement, you will be developing new skills and broadening your own horizons.
RE:MAKE Newport offers a social meeting place where people of all ages and backgrounds can borrow and donate household items with skill sharing and reuse promoted through repairs.
We recognise and value those who have a wide range of hands-on practical and inter-personal skills and rely on our committed team of volunteers to deliver and maintain a high-quality and reliable service. We welcome anyone who wishes to be involved to get in touch and discuss the various ways their skills might support our store. Please follow the link above to register your interest.
Some of the active roles we are looking for at the moment are linked below. Please click the title to be taken through to the GAVO website for more details.
- Shop assistant - learning invaluable retail skills fully supported by our staff team
- Workshop host - Come and share a skill by hosting a workshop for our community
- Social Media content creator - Help us create engaging content for social media platforms
- City Centre Litter Hero - support our Keep Wales Tidy hub by organising regular litter picks
- Welsh Translator - aid us in becoming a truly bilingual organisation
A full explanation of how RE:MAKE Newport operates is provided either in advance of your first volunteering opportunity or on the day. Volunteers are given the opportunity to select a role to which they feel most suited, e.g. front-of house, repairing, administration, testing.
Volunteers should only attempt tests and repairs for which they have the necessary skills, competence and expertise. Volunteers are encouraged to work together and learn from each other.
If the above has caught your interest and you would like to get involved, drop us an email with your contact details and volunteering interests and we will come back to you as soon as possible!
Team RE:MAKE Newport